Making Democracy Work
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization
encouraging informed and active participation in government.
It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
Calendar of Events Learn More
- We sponsor programs and events for the public and League members.
Join the League Learn More
- We are pleased that you want to renew or become a League member! We have three levels of membership. 1) If you join the South Dakota League, you are NOT joining the Sioux Falls or Aberdeen Area Leagues. You will get updates and alerts as a member-at-large (MAL) from the state League and the national League, but NOT the local Leagues. 2) If you join the Aberdeen Area League, you get national, state, and Aberdeen Area alerts and updates, but NOT Sioux Falls. 3) If you join the Sioux Falls League, you get national, state, and Sioux Falls League information, but NOT Aberdeen Area news. Each of these member levels includes your national (LWVUS) membership. 4) If you prefer to send a check, send it to LWV South Dakota, PO Box 1572, Sioux Falls, SD 57101 Be sure to include your contact information and the membership level you want.
Donate to the LWV South Dakota Education Fund! Learn More
- Donations to the LWV South Dakota Education Fund are tax-deductible. If you would like a receipt for tax purposes, please use the "Contact Us" button.
About League of Women Voters, South Dakota Learn More
- What is our mission? What is our history? How are we structured?
Local Leagues Learn More
- Contact a local League in your area.
League of Women Voters of Sioux Falls Learn More
- Where do I find information about League in Sioux Falls?
Elections Learn More
- Who is on the ballot in the next election? How to register to vote? ...and more
Contact Us Learn More
- ...for more information.
LWV of the U.S.
LWVUS Election Report
IMPACT (imˈpakt) verb
To have a strong effect on someone or something
After the 2016 election, we took stock in our impact. Thanks to the hard work at all levels of League and the reporting of what we did at all levels, the League's impact was great!
- 423 Leagues participating in survey representing 49 states + DC
- 9,238 Total election-related events hosted by reporting Leagues
- 160,000 Volunteer hours leveraged to carry out Leagues' core election activities in 2016
- 4+ Million Utilized VOTE411.org; most often-cited place where Leagues produced their voters' guides
- 1,750,000+ Printed League voters' guides distributed locally
While there is much to celebrate, the 2016 election is just one piece in the larger Campaign For Making Democracy Work®, which was voted upon at the LWVUS Convention. We now need to work to engage individuals to continue this impact.
- Campaign for Making Democracy Work. A Message for LWVUS President Chris Carson.
Legislative Coffees in Sioux Falls
The 2017 Legislative Coffees will be on three Saturdays in February: the 4th, Districts 6, 9 & 11; the 11th, Districts 10, 13, 16 & 25; and the 25th, Districts 12, 14 & 15. The Coffees will be held at the Ramada Hotel from 10 to 11:45AM. More details to follow.